Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Tattoo "Eternal Love"

I've been wanting a tattoo for a few years now, I finally decide to get some ink on me. So a week ago I drew a sketch of what is a Japanese inspired water bearer for the sign of Aquarius with carnations falling down the water (which is Stephanie's Zodiac and birth flower). Yesterday I had an appointment at True Blue Tattoo Parlor in Maspeth. This is one of the best places you can go to get a tattoo. Its very clean, the people are very helpful and nice, and it has very reasonable prices.

I actually thought it was going to feel excruciating, but it really wasn't. It felt like many angry annoying bees continuously stinging me. The outline was very tedious, and it lasted about an hour. If Stephanie wasn't there I don't think i would have been able to handle the pain very well. Once the outline was done, Benny the tattoo artist that was popping my cherry sort of speak, took a break and i was astonished by what i had on my arm.




After a 5 minute break, Benny comes back to shade in the the water. This didn't feel as bad, the one time it hurt a little was when it got to my shoulder, since it was close to the bone it was more painful. After an hour of shading, my masterpiece was done. I have to admit, Benny brought my drawing to life. You can really have a sense of the water flowing. It just looks great, and I couldn't have ask for anything else.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment