Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cover Of The Week!

Hey there I've been away for a little while now because I went to Las Vegas, then after that just been trying to reestablish life in New York. (I was only gone for a week, LOL)

Any how this weeks Cover Of The Week! has to be Joe Quesadas variant cover for Amazing Spider-Man #639. I have said it before and i will say it again, Joe Quesada is by far one of my favorite and one of the all time best artists of my generation.
This cover delivers so much pain and frustration from Mary Jane, it is just mind lowing. I love the newspapers from the Daily Bugle creating a sort of spiral around her. Also what is on the papers could be a factor to Mary Jane's frustration. The Background colors are perfect, they are bright but not bright enough to lose focus on the her. The hair in her face cause more of an effect of wind, which is causing the papers to swirl like a whirlpool, and demonstrates the agony that she is feeling. And of course Quesadas logo on the newspaper. He has one of those interesting signatures that are really cool to look for in cover work.

No comments:

Post a Comment