Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cover Of The Week!

I believe this is the first ever Cover of the Week! that I have done. So from here on every Wednesday, in this case Thursday, I will pick out a comic book cover that I really like it have a brief summary on why I chosed it.

Ok so the cover of the week has to be David Finch's variant cover for X-Force #28 (Second Coming Part 13). I am a David Finch fan, he is one of the great comic book artist of this generation alongside Joe Quesada, Paolo Rivera, John Romita Jr., the late Michael Turner, and of course Alex Ross. This cover demonstrate so much emotion between Cable and Hope. Finch is able to depicte the agony on Cables face as he struggles and the sorrow in Hopes face. You can see how Cable is willing to do anything in order to protect Hope from any sort of harm, even if it means sacraficing himself. You feel all the weight on top of Cable as he struggles to hold the rocks in which covers most of the cover page. The yellow in the background makes it more intense, surpriseing considering that yellow is one of the calming colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment