Thursday, August 19, 2010

Drawing of the Week!!!

Hello again, here is the most recent of my paintings. Like I said in the previous Drawing of the Week, I haven't really painted, that is not my strong point. But I have to keep trying if I want to work for Marvel one day. So here is a painting I recently did for my fathers birthday. I actually found a August 1954 Sub-Mariner cover by the great Bill Everett, which was perfect because that was my dads birth date. This took me three days, when it should have just taken me 3 hours considering that I just spent an hour a day.

I started off with the light sky blue for the ocean, followed by the body outline. Once I finished with that, I did the title. As you can notice, I screwed up the title.


The Next day I added the submarine, some sort of sea monster, and added underwear to the Prince. I was missing some supplies so I couldn't sinish that day.



(Im sorry for the quality of the picture) The Last day, I finally got the supplies that I need so I did what I had to inorder to finish. I added the outlines, some shading and lots and lots of bubbles. I was very satisfied with the final product and so was my dad. The Left one is mine and the right one is Bill Everett's cover. Now I came as close as I could to Everett's cover, one day, hopefully soon, I'll be able to make paintings that are perfect. Until then, I'll keep practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment